Burt Family
Monday, December 6, 2010
Tis the Season!
Thanksgiving was a great time to see all of the Dooley clan! All my siblings were in Soda to see my parents one last time before they left for their mission. The boys had so much fun running around playing spy and playing in the ton of snow with their cousins. Unfortunately, our good time their ended when we decided to leave early to beat a storm. About an hour into our journey home we hit a deer in the road which broke down the van. Luckily we were close enough for my dad to tow the van back to Soda and my brother came in his van to get us all safely back to Soda. We are glad that nobody was hurt and that it was not super cold for the hour we were sitting in the dark in the cold! Well, at least we got to hear my parents give their farewell talks the next morning, and then Monday we rented a suburban (nice 2010 model) to get us home to Denver. We no longer have the van but were blessed to have an extra vehicle. My dad drove their car to Denver prior to our trip to Idaho and gifted it to us. The car is wide, so it fits three car seats in the back. We are getting by now, and have a little time to shop around for a van/suburban. No snow in Denver yet, and actually we are in the mid to upper 50s right now!! The boys are a bit disappointed. The Ward Christmas breakfast was last Saturday, the boys had a great time anticipating Santa coming. I thought Jesse would be wary about sitting on Santa's lap, but when his turn came he walked up to Santa all by himself and sat on Santa's lap. Merry Christmas everyone!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Too bad about the van,but I'm glad everyone is okay!
ReplyDeleteMan, that van lasted a long time. I remember when my parents bought it and I thought it was so cool! I'm glad that if it had to happen that it happened close enough to Soda so that you could be safe. :)
ReplyDeleteWe are sooooooo grateful you were kept safe! Great photos. I'll take the little boy in the gift box:)
ReplyDelete