Burt Family

Burt Family

Wednesday, April 25, 2012

Summer Fun!

 I know it's not summer yet, but the weather thinks differently.  We had some fun in the hot sun while Nathaniel was away on interviews.  I tried to use up all the boys' energy so I would be less stressed without my other half!  Some neighbors came and cut down the big dead tree in our front yard. The boys spent three hours just watching the action and commenting "wow, did you see that!" Now we have this big stump thing that the boys love wacking with sticks and climbing. Oh, the entertainment of boys! I am not sure if the people are going to come finish the job, they kept having saw problems.

 Logan just chilled on the porch eating snacks while all the action was going on in the hot sun.
 Our sprawling rose bush by the porch has now blossomed! We have about five different rose plants that are so beautiful!!
 Since we are having a couple of 90 degree days, I decided to get the pool out. The boys play in it from the moment school gets out.  Logan will get in for about a minute before wanting to get out again.
Logan has his own little wading pool that he and mommy stick their feet in.

3 comments:

  1. I hope you survive the real summer if it is already 90 degrees!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a perfect tree to climb, not too big and high up for the kids to climb and scare you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are awesome at finding ways to channel their energy!

    ReplyDelete