Burt Family

Burt Family

Thursday, June 13, 2013

Wesley is 1!




\
It is so unbelievable that my baby is a 1year old! We celebrated with green googly monster cupcakes.  Wesley was unsure about the candle (Nathaniel blew it out before Wesley could touch it) but dug right in to his cupcake!  I have video of him opening his present, but I have to figure out how to do all the downloading and stuff with this new video camera (early fathers day gift for Nathaniel). I have realized that for the first two of our kids, turning 1 was a HUGE celebration with tons of gifts.  Now, after five kids, the one year old doesn't care how many presents he gets and is pretty clueless to it all.  We still celebrated him turning 1, but didn't need to get him much in the way of presents since he already has all his brothers' stuff.  Well, I think Wesley is the first of our boys to not be walking independently by 1 or have lots of teeth (he only has 3 in so far).  He still is not a great sleeper at night buy takes AWESOME long naps! He makes a beeline for stairs anywhere we are, inside or outside. His favorite game is "Where's the Baby?" It is just like peekaboo, and he will duck his head down or pull any article of clothing over his head to hide. His only word is 'Mum' which can be mom or more. He is such fun to have and we love him!

3 comments:

  1. First birthdays are the best! and I agree with the present thing. Not very many gifts the first time around, they play with the wrapping paper more than the actual presents!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a handsome little man! I love the cupcakes!!! You did a Great Job!!! He sure has grown up since I saw him in March!!! I absolutely LOVE his smile!!! I'm using Mom's computer and don't want to mess it up, so this is posted as if Mom did it, but as you could probably tell by all of the "!" this is Des! ;o)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love that sweet little guy (ha! he's not little). He sure did dig in to his cupcake! Great photo!

    ReplyDelete