Caroline Claudette joined our family on March 30th at 7:10 am. I awoke around 3 that morning with random contractions and my water broke 25 minutes later. Nathaniel had taken some Nyquil the evening before, so he was a bit groggy when I woke him up and said it was time to go! We got to the hospital about 4:00 and they started getting my IV in and the anesthesiologist called (I asked right away for an epidural, I wasn't going to have another baby without that epidural!!). I had tested positive for the Group B test, so they wanted to get me started as quickly as possible on antibiotics (I only ended up having half the dose given by the time she was born). I had told them that my labors went quickly, so they didn't even check to see how dilated I was until after the epidural and IV were going. By then I was to a 7! The nurses were trying to figure out which doctor would deliver the baby since the shift change was at 7 and my doctor had a surgery scheduled for 7. As it turned out, my doctor rushed in around 7 and checked to see how far along I was. She didn't even have to check because baby's head was crowning! 4 hours from start to finish isn't too bad of a delivery! We are just thrilled to have this sweet girl in our family.
She weighed 7lbs 15 oz and 20 1/2 in long.
Joshua got to come for a special visit with Nathaniel before all the other brothers got to come.
The boys were excited to see Caroline!
Brigham loved looking at her and he kept holding his hands out like he was asking to hold her!
Our little Princess
Wesley doesn't hold her much, he is content to just look at her or touch her head.
This is the outfit she came home from the hospital in. She soaked through it as soon as we got home, so on to outfit number 2! (pictured below)
No comments:
Post a Comment